Custom iOS Mobile App Distribution is changing
Public News | 24 May 2023
Apple is changing their policy on Enterprise Distribution Programme and our membership is expiring on 24th May 2023.
Apple is changing their policy on Enterprise Distribution Programme and our membership is expired on 24th May 2023.
This change does not apply if you are primarily accessing the Claromentis on:
Web browser (Chrome, Edge), mobile browser, Android users or using our free generic iOS application.
What happens to the current custom app?
If you are distributing the iOS app for your organisation through our URL
then the app will continue to run for 90 days after this date, as long as your certificates and provisioning profiles are valid for this duration.
What are our options for custom app distribution?
1. Unlisted App Distribution
It is possible to recreate the app and re-distribute the app on the App Store for specific entities via unlisted app distribution. We are going to start converting the current apps and re-submit through this method.
Your user will have to delete the existing app and re-download the app from the new URL.
Apple implements the same rigorous check as Public App Store if the app is distributed through this method which can take up to 4 weeks.
These are the benefits of the new Unlisted App distribution:
- The user doesn’t have to perform the extra step of Trusting the Enterprise Developer in the settings.
- There are no requirements to renew Enterprise Distribution Certificates every year, which often causes the app to stop working.
- If an automated update is enabled on the user's device, any update on the app will be delivered automatically.
- This app will be backed up like any other App if iCloud backup is enabled, making it easy to switch to the new phone/device.
2. Applying for your own Apple Developer Programme
You and your company are more than welcome to apply for the Apple developer programme to be able to distribute your custom app. In this case, you will need to authorise our developer account so that we can assist you in distributing your app within your own Apple Developer Account.
3. Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager
Apple business manager and school manager allows you to manage your organisation device, application and accounts. Find out more information here:
If you feel that your custom app is critical for your business please get in touch today to schedule the transition to the Unlisted App Distribution to avoid any interruptions.
View all news