The ability to amend your own email notification templates was introduced in version 8.7+
Slight modifications to the wording of the template likely won't need any twig logic applied, however, for changes beyond this more information on how to follow the formatting is here.
Updating your email templates
1. Navigate to Application > System.
Reminder: To access the system panel, you will need to be a System administrator. For more information, check out our guide on Setting Sysadmins and application admins.
2. From the System panel, head to the Localisation tab.
Here is where you can change the terminology used across the site. For more information, see our guide on Localisation.
3. Select Edit notification templates.
4. You will need to locate where the notification template is stored. You can also select the language option you would like to change.
💡 Tip: If you are unable to find the notification template, it is likely to be in the System section.
5. Select the relevant template to update the template.
The templates will look similar to the template below. Anything bracketed will pull in direct information from the specific action causing the notification.
The subject line of the email is the first line of text in the template. To update the subject, simply move the section of the template down and add your own as the first line.