The admin side of Documents contains features that can be applied to display or configure specific information.
- Some of these areas are explained in their own User Guides.
- It is recommended to read these for more insight and to understand how all the sections fit together as well as where to locate them.
- This article is more of a general overview of the backend of documents and what each section is used for when presented with the screen shown in Image 1.
Go to Applications > Admin > Documents.
Image 1 - Documents admin screen
1. ERMS features
These options can be changed dependent on company needs for the system (Accessed through the general configuration tab shown in section 5)
A table summary giving figures on the documents application as a whole. A straightforward breakdown of information stored in the document management system.
3. Manage Documents List
- Import/export is not a standard feature and not all users can import a large number of documents in this way. It will likely require work from the technical support team at Claromentis. (Submit a support ticket on Discover for help with this) However, bulk imports are always configured initially for your Intranet to get all your documents in the system.
- Ability to run reports on documents uploaded, see 'Document reporting' for more information.
- Trash can holds deleted items for 30 days, and are restorable as shown in Image 2. From the admin side, you are able to restore any users deleted items. Trash can also be accessed from the front end of documents just for your own deleted documents.
- The documents permission report gives an overview table of a users' access rights. As shown in Image 3, you can select any user on the site and the table will display what rights they have for every folder and file. This can also be exported as a CSV file.
Image 2 - Trash can from admin side of Documents and restore button
Image 3 - Documents permissions report showing the access rights for Claromentis Administator
- General configuration is a list of tweaks to the overall document structure, accessibility and ease of use. For example, allow renewal of documents without checking out.
- Metadata is essentially data about data. It is additional information added to that pre-exisiting, as way to further define it. For example, adding new fields such as "author" or "review Date" means folders/documents can be further defined and searcheable in Claromentis. The user guide "Document Metadata" explains this in more detail.
- Record types are a legacy aspect. A way of uploading documents by category and filtering them by this characteristic. It is best to use metadata in this way going forward because this is a supported function in the latest versions of Claromentis (and record types is not).
- Templates establish a folder to store company literature e.g. letterheads, company logos, and draft material. This is within reach no matter where you are in the directory as the option to use a template can be selected from the documents front end. This enables a document to be quickly downloaded and worked on as well as keeping all the companies templates in one place.
- From the admin side, you can select which folder will store these items. From the front end, you will be able to upload all required, as well as access them at any time by using the "more" button.
- Google - A control panel to connect with a Google account that has access to the documents you want to link in Claromentis. In order to use this function, you will need to set up an API key. More information here.
Image 4 - Assigning a templates folder from admin side of documents
Image 5 - How to use the templates feature from the front end of documents