Why your company may need a Custom Native Mobile App?
Your company or organisation may need a dedicated app for the following reasons:
- White-label - a dedicated app that reflects a company branding
- Your organisation wish to deploy the app for your staff through Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- The system is not available publicly and requires a custom way to connect such as VPN or by installing other apps.
- Your system may require additional security or restriction.
Requirements for Native Mobile App
- Final publicly accessible URL to your intranet with SSL (https://). Please note that the URL is embedded within a compiled version of the app and changing URL requires re-building and releasing a new version of the app.
- Graphic for App Icon (min resolution 1536x1536 pixel in PNG format. Keep things simple and avoid having text unless it is part of the logo. read more
- App name (keep it short ideally less than 12 characters if possible - so that it fits without being truncated on mobile devices)
- App description
How to request
Contact your Account Manager / Project Manager or
Publishing Mobile App
There are two ways you can publish and distribute your mobile apps to your users
Enterprise Mobile Distribution
This is the ideal route if you have Enterprise MDM (Mobile Device Management) or do not wish to publish the app publicly in Apple Appstore or Google Play.
Your app will be published on
Unless your organisation has MDM (Mobile Device Management) Platform, installing .apk file via link require additional extra steps.
Public Apple AppStore and Google Play
Guideline 3.2 - Business We found that your app is an in-house app, intended for employees or members of your organization. As such, it is not appropriate for the App Store. For information on distributing proprietary, in-house apps, please refer to the Apple Developer Enterprise Program.