Using the embed component for Pages you can display an Instagram post from your account.
(A whole feed cannot be displayed as Instagram policy does not allow this; to get multiple posts on an Intranet page you will need to use multiple embed components)
Please note: The account must be public in order to display the image in the component. If the account is private only a link to Instagram will display. When followed it will ask you to log in.
Steps to follow:
- Navigate to the URL of the Instagram post you wish to embed on your page.
- Click on "More" (3 small dots on bottom right hand side of the post) as shown in Image 1.
Image 1 - The "More" button is highlighted on the bottom right of the post.
- A pop up list will appear as shown in Image 2.
- Select "Embed" from this.
Image 2 - "More" menu pop up with various options
- As shown in Image 3, another pop up will appear with the code you need.
- Copy this code and navigate to the page on your Claromentis site you wish to display it on.
- You can deselect the "Include caption" check box if you dont wish for the post's caption to be seen on your page once embedded.
Image 3 - Copy the code in one go with the blue button, rather than highlighting it all yourself.
- Click on the pencil icon to begin editing your page.
- The options on your screen should be similar to that of Image 4.
- Click in any empty space on the page and choose the "Embed" icon from the pop up list of Applications.
- You can resize the tile to make the post bigger, smaller or fit on your page around other content.
Image 4 - Selecting the Embed component on a page
- The configuration options for the component will now appear as shown in Image 5.
- If you have resized the tile and the menu has gone, click on the cog icon to bring it up again.
- Enter a Title if you would like to and make sure the "type" selected is Code".
- Next paste the link you copied from Instagram into the text box below.
- Then hit "submit"
Image 5 - Paste the copied code from Instagram into the box
- Your chosen post should now be displayed on the page, like in Image 6.
- Clicking on the post will take the user to the Instagram account in a new window.
Image 6 - The original post shown in Image 1 is now displayed in Claromentis