How to add an event to a calendar
Go to Applications > Calendar
Locate the desired date and click on the time that you want the event to start.
A pop-up will appear, where you can enter the details of the event.
- Enter the relevant details in the Name and Description fields.
- Click on Set Reminder to select the required reminder time. An instant message will be sent at that time.
- In the Calendar dropdown, select the required calendar that you want to add the event to.
If the required calendar does not appear, it may be that you do not have permission to add events to that calendar.
To configure further options for the event, click Extended Edit. From here, you can configure the following settings:
- When: specify the start and end time of the event.
- Full day: check this box if the event will take place all day.
- Repeat: check this box if you want to set up the event as a regular occurrence.
- Location: enter a location for the event. You can link up a room from the Room Booking application by clicking Link Room.
- Confirm Attendance: select the appropriate radio button to specify if you are attending the event.
- Exclude event from calendar export: check this box to exclude this event when exporting the calendar.
- Send notifications about event changing: check this box to send notifications to users (who have the appropriate permissions) if the event details change.
- Personal event without participants: check this box if the event doesn’t require any other users to attend.
- Add user: click here to invite other users to the event; a pop-up will appear where you can select the relevant users.
- Find conflicts: if you have invited other users to the event, you can click here to check if there are any conflicting events in their calendar.
- Add contact: you can click here to invite people who are in your contacts list.
Click Submit when you have completed the required details. The event will now appear in the relevant calendar.