In the HR tool, there are two types of alerts that you can create:
- Notifications - Generates an in-system and/or email alerts to users based on changing fields within the HR Tool
- Reminders - Generates an in-system and/or email alerts to users based on a date field applied to a profile.
This guide will cover the process of creating and setting up these alerts.
Setting up notifications
Upon accessing the HR tool, head to Notifications:
From here, select
When creating a notification, there are a variety of sections you will need to configure:
- Changes in: Determining factor on what part of the HR Tool needs to change in order for the notification to be sent. Whichever option you specify means an alert will be sent for any and all changes to the section.
- Notify: Users in selected HR roles will be notified by this specific notification. You can include multiple roles or just a single option depending on the nature of the notification.
Reminder: Notification will be received based on individual notification settings via the Communications application (i.e. in-system and/or email)
- Additional emails: Enter an email address(es) to which this notification should be sent. This can be in addition to users in the HR roles or individual users. Multiple email addresses can be entered by separate them with a comma.
- Title Template: The subject of the notification. Some default text in this section is available as standard but can be changed manually for your needs.
- Notification Template: The body of content in the notification. Some default text in this section is available as standard but can be edited as needed. You can also apply expressions to this section and the title to apply a user's name etc.
Once you have made the changes to all sections, select
Setting up reminders
The process to set up a reminder is very similar to that of a Notification, but with a few minor changes.
First, head to Reminder:
From here, select
The configuration options are identical to the Notification options, minus the ‘Changes in' field which has been replaced by two new sections:
- Trigger: Determining factor on what date specified in the HR Tool will be set for the reminder to be sent. Whichever option you specify means an alert will be sent for any and all changes to the section.
- Reminder Time: Select the time for when you want the reminder to be triggered (can be between the day of to 1 month prior).
When you are happy with the configuration of this reminder, select